Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Hurricane is Beautiful

So last night I watched the movie The Hurricane and well outside of being a bit drawn out I enjoyed the story. I was almost compelled to look on the Ol' Amazon for the book Laz (?) was reading that inspired him...almost. I kind of have a bit more on my plate like job training, training, staying sane, finishing L.A's War, which by the way gives an interesting insight to the real world of Lance, some of the real grit of it all. I guess it's the longest running poker face in the world and I bet Lance prides himself on the facade he's able to put up to the press, fans and the world, but when you get down and dirty with it he just want's to kick everyones ass.

Trainning, well its been halted pretty much due to job training, which kind of sucks because during break I was getting into a nice rythem of riding. Riding has a lot to due with momentum I think. Outside of the obvious physics of it all, I battle to get on the bike come the first of the year, like overcoming static friction, then try to tie days together to keep the ball rolling, and then weeks, and finally months to form a coherent string of what's known as training. By the time I get to stringing months together it pretty much takes an army to slow down the locomotive of fitness. Hopefully this little break is just a just to get some more fuel for the long trip.

Coffee Watch: Well I'm out a the moment, yesterday was the last of the Sulawesi from Alterra, sad I know. I guess it's time to order some Brazilian Traditional Dry from Alterra. If a bold punch in the mouth of flavor is what you crave in the morning this pound's for you. Be warned that once you throw some of these grits in the ol press, it's hard going back to lighter roasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home