Wednesday, March 21, 2007

No One's Raining On My Parade

I'm not one for looking at the forecast before I ride, so when it said that it'd rain yesterday wasn't about to change my plans of riding at Nisene State park on the trails. I got my bike that just arrived Monday afternoon all tuned up and ready to hit some trails. I got out there and promptly got lost. I was going in circles that happen to have a long steep climb in the middle of it, but I couldn't really argue with the scenery even though it was raining the whole time...But after a while I wanted to get on with heading up to the Outlook which is roughly 1600 ft of climbing. On my way up I swore I saw Ryan Trebon, Barry Wicks, and some other Kona rider going the other way. All's I know is that they were three extremely tall dudes all decked in team kits on Kona bikes so who knows...doesn't he live in Oregon? Anyways after the 'pro sighting' I climbed for an hour staight through more red woods....Got to the top and the sun started to come out again...Then I proceeded to fry my brake pads and be on the brink of hypothermia as I motocross'd my way downhill for 35 minutes. All said and done 4:17...
Anywho. I gotta go to the bike shop for some new pads and figure out where I'm going today...oh yeah and play a round of golf with my cousin. Peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Awesome that you are doing some good spring break riding. Nice! The Kona Towers are living in the Santa Cruz area last I knew... Sounds like your having a blast on the bike - keep at it.

9:31 PM  
Blogger STURGIE said...

Dude, sounds like its a blast. When you get back make sure you and Craig get a hold of me so I can tag a long. Enjoy and be safe!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home