Monday, March 26, 2007

Welcome Back to Wisconsin

So my stint in Santa Cruz ended on Saturday morning as I took the red eye out of SFO. It was a 3:30 hour flight coming into MSP at 6:00 b/c of the time change. I woke up to the woman next to me saying that we're landing....sweet...In South Dakota...cool cool...WHAT!?! Too much fog to land in MSP. So we'all sat on the tarmac for 4 hours not able to leave the plane, until the fog cleared. Yeah that was about as much fun as going to the dentist.

Back in EC Nora and I watched this. Ranks up on my top 10 of all time. Fo sho! On Sunday Chase, Nora and I went out to battle the 30 mph gusts. Crazy asshole drives were trying to get self-righteous and while being splended role models for their kids in the back seat. Nora peeled off as Chase and I made out way out to Lowes Creek.

THIS IS WHERE IT GOT FUCK'D UP!! So we were riding down Lowes Creek Rd and about a quater mile up the road coming our way was a Jeep Grand Cherokee...no big deal. But then the Jeep swerves across the center line, tags the dirt shoulder, fish-tails across the road to the other side, tags that ditch (Chase and I are like wtf) and as the Jeep hit that ditch the MOTHERFUCK ROLLS. Tires are skretching, glass is exploding, roofs are crimpling. The Jeep does a complete roll and lands jelly side up. So what would you do if you'd just rolled your car? Well that gut reaction was not this dudes, he put the mother fucka into drive and starts driving away. Bare in mind that he has two flat tires, like 4 broken windows, and a smashed passenger side roof. It gets even better when we slowed down as he's slowly making his way on the road and asked if he's ok and his response was, "No I'm not hurt, I'm good I'm good" and keeps driving. At this point Chase and I bust out laughing at this dumb ass and decided if that's how it is then that's how it is.

So Chase and I went to hit up the trails giggling the whole time about a teenage punk that took out daddy's car for a ride, rolled it, and then "tough guy'd it" by brushing it off like it's the third time this week that he'd rolled his dad's car on a flat straight open road.

In other news the new U23 Team Momentum Kits look good...Even when you're not...Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Hey John,
How were the trails. I haven't had a chance to get out to check them out. They are technically closed until the frost is out of the ground. Looked dry in the photos. I'm guessing they will be good once they dry out from the rain. I'll have to get out on a ride with you guys once Jess gets out of the hospital.

8:39 AM  
Blogger jsager said...

i like that story about the rolled vehicle.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home