Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Busy Work+Crapy Computer=Little Sleep

So I was up a little late last night doing some crappy ass assignment for my pro and tech writing class and my browser tweeked and lost my doc, so I had to redo it. That coupled with 8 oclock class doesn't make a happy J. Anyways, I'm done with class now and I'm going to have some coffee and chill. Well I don't have much to say about things except a kickin tech review I read about SRM's new integrated cranks. SRM for those not in the know is a crank that reads your power output and costs about as much as a used car or a new D/A bike. The issue that's been holding up the pros from using them is issues with sponsers and weight, so they came out this year with a D/A integrated crank which satisfied the wigs, but the weight issue was still unresolved. So SRM just came out with a FSA crank that weighs 880 grams, which compaired to the traditional D/A crank at 740 grams is was not that bad, and quite frankly looks cool too. But that's not the end all be all for those who are of the weight-wennie disposition. SRM just came out with a Sibex-integrated power meter that has the claimed weight of 810 grams! Holy crap that's all i gotta say. I mean really only adding on 70 grams for that sort of information and lets be honest i lost more that that on my last trip to the bathroom. The only downfall of the new "Shit that will kill them" (as lance says) is the fact that it looks butt-ass ugly!! I mean seriously, I'm all about form following function but this thing is rediculous!! The Long and short of it is that the next time you see that guy rocking this 3400 dollar crank weighing less than that cheese burger you just ate, make sure you show him or her what it means to pedal a bike and drop thier ass. Be warned that it might be harder than you might think, usually those people are pretty damn serious, unless they arrived in a 55 Chevy, and then you can just remind them that you're lighter because of the serious duce you just took. No se olvide de las piernas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home