Monday, May 08, 2006

Total Annihilation!

Sunday Sunday Sunday!!! Watch as the Midwest's best battle it out for the podium around Iola Bump and Jump Speedway!! Watch as they go gangbustas' up steep overgeared climbs, twisted singletrack, and death-defying decents that would chill their mother's blood!! 30 buck's buys you a whole seat but you'll only need THE EDGE OF IT!!!

The Bump and Jump-tough power driven race. Last year I had a shitty time with a flat tire so I wanted to bitch-slap some demons this year. To get myself in the mood I did some visualizations of the start... With my head in it we went to the races. Pit shot of the Sova's restless and in effect...With a nice warm-up in, Bill (the Beast) Street and I lined up for the start. I find it so interesting how familiar the whole starting line feeling is even though I haven't been at one since September, but it all came back. Quick prayer-something about not dying, and the Beast and I were off like banshees up the left side...The pace was do-able, but the dust was crazy sittin' 15ish after the climb. Lost the Beast when my skewer came un-done up a climb. Tightened up I was on my own. Pedal, pedal, pant, grin-and-bear, flex, and squeeze. On lap 3 I was pretty worked...my back had about enough of this power-climb shizz so I was in the saddle for the rest of the race. I periodically saw Chase who was baggin' the race, cause of no front brake, who would follow me and called me names and made fun of the size of my genitalia. Thanks. Finished out the race annihilated and in 20th (correction) -not bad considering the circumstances. I got a lot to improve upon, though I have to say, outside of the bonked singletrack pinballin' I was cuttin' up the singletrack pretty alright the first half of the race.

Now it's time to hit the lab as hard as we hit the first climb. It's funny cause I have a seemingly insurmountable amount of shit to get done in the next two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Cable this weekend...but first Calc-Alkaline magmatic differentiation, deep-sea sedimentation, cross section, strat-section, term paper 1, term paper 2, take home test, rock exam.... But first to conquer--My Room!!

Peace! BTW GO KABUSH!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

That beaut' is with me through my trials and tribulations on my rise to the top, so she's aptly name Adrian. She's an 8500 that can tear up some singletrack and throw down the attacks.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home