Sunday, May 06, 2007

First Time In A Long Time

This weekend was pretty sweet. Friday off to an International Party, not with international students though, but instead we dressed as a countrymen and woman and brought drink from that country together and had a pimpin' good time...Me as a Scotsman and Nora as an English Librarian. Saturday I was a lazy ass. Made two pots of french press, made some stir fry, and went to see this...In my humble opinion, a lot of the same, a little unwarrented in that the first two summed things up pretty well, sweet (of course) action scenes, a bit much plot for one movie to handle.

Then on Sunday I pinned on a number for the first time in a long time. It's soo funny to see the same old faces on sweet new rides. Racing is hella fun, but at the same time the first race is always good for uncovering the areas where you SUCK. My weakness was in the power dept. even though I did a lot of lifting, I didn't maintain that lifting through April so that was my downfall. I started out sweet. Tool turned actor was off the front Dan and I chased him down, I rallyed off the front, and then was reeled in and spit out the back. I spent the next two laps suffering trying to fight the mental demons as I resorted to chasing, but the damage was done. I did however not get beat by Billy Street (thank god I might've had to quite the sport...jk...but not really)....5th in my age and 14th overall seems like I'm in the same spot as I was last season, but now with an obvious weak point (or maybe it was the breakfast pizza I got from the gas station humm...) I can work on I feel ready to get to it. To all those pinning on the numbers this one's for you...Yeah they come in cans...who knew?!?