Thursday, February 02, 2006

Beware of Flying Burritos!

So I'm sure you heard about the burrito incident that the Sova's and I participated in. Long and short a 7 layer from TB came on a ride with us and ended up on the back of USPS truck, damn that was funny! Other than that I'm feeling good riding, still a little squirmy on the decents, but the only way you get good is by doing. "Why do we fall...to learn how to get up" Ah now that was one satisfying movie (Batman Begins).

Outside of the burrito incident, school sometimes feels like pulling teeth. Not overly hard, in fact we're still in the honeymoon period, so I'll just have to be patient. It's said last semester I was flying by the seat of my pants in Min Pet I and now in Min Pet II, I'm sitting in class if he would start actually moving the class forward. Anyways, I should really treasure these days, because I've heard that at the end of the semester is when the shit hits the fan.

Coffee thought: Fair trade. If you care at all about what you're drinking it is a moral imperative that you support the people that make that awesome cup of coffee possible. If you don't know Fair trade coffee companies pay the farmers 1.75 per pound of beans versus less than a dollar (20-30 cents during the mid to late 90s), this allows the farmers to...well actually live. Often times farmers, if the coffee prices are super low can't get out of the business and are essentially at the mercy of the buyers, and the world market. Buying fair trade assures the farmers that they can eat.

Alright peps keep the rubber side down, rock the sock booties, bask in the sun, enjoy life. Adios

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll buy fair trade coffee as soon as people start buying fair trade windows and doors. I need to make a living wage also.

7:49 PM  
Blogger John said...

Valid point for sure, but since I'm not in the market for doors or windows I try and be as consious with the purchases that I make. Since I buy a lot of coffee I feel the need to help them out. I guess my point is that you have to pick your battles and stand for what you believe in, yeah I think that everyone should be compensated for the job they do, some a lot less then what they currently get others should be paid a lot more given the ramifications of their job. But given that America is so apathetic, there are crazy situations where football stars get paid millions to entertain us were teachers who are incharge of the future of this country get shit on. Que ridiculo!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home