Thursday, August 17, 2006

Damn Fine Day

So I actually had to wake up at a decent hour today to meet my philosophy prof for a ride. It started off raining today during the ride which I wasn't all that thrilled about cause it was actually cold for once! Great ride, good conversation and of course the obligatory Big Labowski quoting. Great day for a pic...
The Mac-daddy-alicious agreed to be our new fauculty advisor for the cycling club that's up and coming so that's pretty awesome. In other news the site designing has been going slow, but progressing hopefully it'll be up in like fall of 08. Training has been good, I've been doing threshold crap, but actually starting to feel fast.

You know what I'm going to briefly rant cause I feel the need to talk about coffee. Ok so I'm an avid Alterra Coffee lover, I order off their website and have it shipped to me and it is some of the best coffee that I've ever had-hands down. But in lue of shortening budgets I decided to buy coffee from the Just Local Foods co-op here in EC cause then I don't have to pay for shipping and yet it's still Fair Trade. They actually carry the Just Coffee brand out of Mad-town and seems like they would know thier shit, but I actually haven't as of yet had a pound/roast that I liked. I thought that it just might be that I didn't like the roast that I was trying, but I think the problem is that it is Just Not Good Coffee. I don't blame the roasters my blame goes out to two problems I see: 1) the coffee comes in a brown paper bag essentially that has a plastic-ie lining and a fold down top and 2) Poor turn around time. Now brown baggin' is good for grade school lunches but not for oily coffee and a fold down top is just inviting the coffee to get stale. Which brings me to my next trouble making point and that is the poor turn around time. Coffee goes stale in roughly 2 weeks and I'm not sure, but I don't think the co-op is getting shipments in every week and throwing out the old stuff-maybe they are if which then I apologize and will hold fast then to my previous arguement. Ya know, if I got the beans direct and not a brown one then it may be better, but as the circumstances are that stuff isn't good and bad coffee is Just Bad Coffee.

Ok enough rant here's some entertainment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home