Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Doin' A Little Crotch-Pot Cookin'

As all of you who even glanced at a US weather map this past weekend knew that it was hot-as-ballz with the moisture to compliment. I decided to bum-out of work on Friday and chill out at my sisters and bro-in-law's place for an extended weekend. After a brief stop in Mad-town to shoot the shit with Hannah, Em, and fam (who were simply awesome) I continued to the home of Miller. Joe and I went out for some steak, then out to the Powerplant and the Mino for some PBR with Al. Saturday Joe and I went to Bestile Days downtown had some Gator-on-a-Stick and watched the air show. 3 preride with Chad, Matt, Jez, Aj--hot, slightly muddy. Had the boyz over for dinner, which was pretty crazy. Joe, Al, and I went shopping at Groppi's and Joe kept on asking about portion sizes, something to the degree of, "are you sure we need 4 pounds of pasta and two whole chickens?" "Of course!!" We started cooking up a storm--class 5 hurricane... There were doubts, but 5 hungry cyclists came through in fine style, decimating the lot of it and having a lot of laughs while we were at it.

Race Day, well my stomach had been feeling uneasy since the rare steak on Friday, and while warming up it wasn't changing too much, but once Don yelled goooooooooo all that trepidation went out the window as we sprinted up the hill. On the one hand I can say that I had a good race citing accomplishments as getting 1st in my age and 11th overall, and feeling pretty well within my limits, but there's always the pessimistic other hand that looks at my inability to stay with Mitch's tenacious and aggressive passing that lead to me loosing him. In the end it didn't really feel like I was racing cause the singletrack really didn't lend well to passing so I was chillin' most of the time in the singletrack behind old guys. That didn't stop me from rallying the hills though...Or being owned by the heat...All in all a good weekend. Now, as always on Monday/Tuesday, it's time to pick up the pieces and go back to work. Adios!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who you calling old? At least you didn't call me by name,saying some old, overweight, bald guy!

12:43 AM  
Blogger John said...

Come on you were the fastest 'old' guy out there, or at least in that group!! Hope the MTB TT goes well tonight. See ya at Phillips

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home