Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Digady Dirt Baby

Dirt road sightings 2 and 3 were observed yesterday while the Sovas and I were out for our ride today. Check out this sweet dirt climb we stumbled uponNow that is a jem. It was cool and all, except for the warmer weather that caused the frost to melt and give us some traction issues...So needless to say the riding lately has been pretty darn sweet, I got in three solid rides and felt pretty butched so today my training consisted of a 1:30 nap. Awesome. Hopefully we'll have good weather this weekend so I can get in a solid back 9 (pun and literal).

So I haven't talked about coffee in a while, I'm sure you'll are just pissed. So I guess I'll explore what it means to have coffee. Preparation aside, what's all meant in asking someone out for a cup of coffee? Due to some extenuating circumstances I found myself asking out a friend, Christina, for coffee today. Now given that I do try and adhear to a cyclist lifestyle, "a drink" is kind of out of the question till novemeber, so I feel that me asking out someone for coffee is more or less a casual date. My reasoning behind it, is that you are there alone with that person in an intimate setting which facilitates conversation.

"but John same could be said bout my bathroom--intimate setting, often thought provoking leading to conversation?!?"

True true, but being in the bathroom doesn't lead to walks home with a possible goodnight kiss...ever. I'd have to say one of my coolest dates at a coffee shop (I've had a lot of bad ones) actually oddly enough was before Christmas break with Christina where she needed to finish a book so we sat on a couch and read half of Death in Venice out loud to each other, and then talked about it...now that's how it's done. So I'm throwing it out there, bathroom aside, coffee shop...date or not? Debated, though let's be honest it's pretty clear. Peace out

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny, It looks like the sova bros are droppin' you on that sweet dirt climb. You better get on that! Where were these dirt roads for all the years I was in EC? Later,

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if you see coffee as a date.. then are you still in a relationship??

D

8:01 AM  
Blogger John said...

Well Monday didn't bode well for the relationship D. Sara decided that we were on a "different page" and that we should just be friends. Such is life I guess. T-wood for one, that's me in the PCW gear, Chad was taking the pic. This dirt road was out by the Two Churches loop, out where we did that motor pacing, at the far N-W intersection take a left...pretty sweet!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have figured it would have been Chad playing with the phone during the ride!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sova Bros said...

Whats this gang up on Chad bull roar! You can mix work and pleasure, besides I was given them a head start, you know those zone 2 rides can be brutal!

Chad

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home