Thursday, February 16, 2006

20 degrees, 4 inches of accumulation 20 mph winds--Time to Man Up!!

So Chad and I bumped into eachother on lower campus today, amid the snow and wind. He asked me, "what are you doing for a ride today" I saw it in his eyes he had some craziness ready to unleash.
"I don't know what are you going to do?" Proding.
"I'm going to ride"
"Outside" I already knew the answer.
"Well I sure as shit don't want to ride on the trainer"
"I'm done at 1"
"Good"
"Couple hours?"
"Sounds Good" I knew it.

So as I stumble to class, I pick a seat that faced the window, and started up the deasil-run Modivation-o-Matic, and started to think about where were we going to go. First class, then food quick, something warm, then change tire,bags under the booties for sure. We meet on my floor, bundled to the max--the shit was going to hit the fan. Winds pegged at 20 mph from the north, west we go on the bike trail. After a crazy start with traffic, then some rough snow, we finally hit some moderate accumulation could we glid over. All was great for the first hour, then as our route drifted south I realized that the inevitable was going to happen--headwind from hell. So we weaseled our way back, hands freezing and faces getting sandblasted from ice-snow. Two hours later we roll into EC again. Crazy times, at least I didn't have to resort to a trainer party. That's how we do here in Wisconsin.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

giterdone weather eh? Not too sure if I miss these days or not... Keep at it; I like the updates.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried ridin outside yesterday.. hahahh.. not happening... all the streets were a mix of what could best be described as cookie-dough with to much flour... Sticks together just enough to look solid but all you frickin do is slide when you touch it... Congrats on doing anything yesterday in it...

Hay-yo.... Lovin from Osh-Vegas..

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post just made me get up and get a mug of hot tea. You and Chad are nuts! Stay safe and make sure you are boy-scout prepared!
Love,
The Big R.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home