Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Skankin by Numbers!


So I'm soo pissed, I had this kickin post all neatly done up and tried to spell check it and up' there it goes erased into oblivion...last time i use the spell check. So this past weekend I went to Ska Fest at the University, and holy crap memory lane here we come! I remember going to a bunch of shows back in high school with my bro and my neighbor, crazy times. I swear my heart rate was pegged at 160 all night, because we be skankin it up like mad rude boys. The bands playing were Hired Geeks, Catch of the Day, Something to Do, and Umbrella Bed. I've only seen Something to Do before...ahh getting lost in Title-town, free pizza, 2 hours early, Rummy, kickin Mustard Plug show (Something to Do was opening). Infact as I remembered it S2D kind of sucked, but at this show they actually were the most notable, I guess that's what happens when you haven't seen them in 4 years.

I have some advice I'd just like to pass down the pipe. Granted this is old news, but lets face it we often don't heed our own advice. This morsel of knowledge is, "If it's not broke don't fix it." I came face to face with these realities when I decided to move my cleat position, because i thought that I was a little uneven on the spindles. So now i've effectively stripped a bolt because I adjusted and readjusted so much that it just gave way, and at the most inoprotune moment, while it was locked in a not quite right position. What did I learn? Well if your knees and hips don't hurt, don't move your cleats. I was all nice and adjusted to my position, and now i threw it all off, infact I had to put my MTB pedals on my CX bike cause I could ride with my cleats so fucked up. I guess we live and learn huh, hopefully though not at the expense of not having any knees when I'm 50.

So it's happened. I tryed to thwart the evils of the world and stay safe, but it has really happened. Swimming through this hazy of morning fog in my mind, I can't escape the brutle truth of it all...I'm all out of coffee. This coupled with the fact that I lost my debit card and had to cancel it, effectively prohibiting me to purchase more of Peace Coffee, has really put me in a bind. I haven't been overly cranky, but staying awake in class has become a chore. I've been tiding myself over with espresso, which came pre-ground espresso style cannot go in a french press but is good for a swallow of goodness, and tea--Honest Tea. Ah i love the name of it I kind of want to come out with a sister company called Subtle Tea. Geeky I know. So yeah tea and intermittent espresso.

Well I've been informed that I should study some mineral fomulas for my Min Pet II class, cause a quiz might be in the mix. Na0-1 Ca2 (Fe, Mg, Al, Mn..)5[(Al, Si)8 O22](OH)2 and (Na, K)[AlSiO5] are some goodies. I will give mad props to anyone who can Id these beotches. The gauntlet has been thrown down. WHAT'S UP NOW!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will ID these, and pick up your trown down gauntlet.
Your minerals are... Some toughies here....
The black minerals is tourmaline
The moldy marshmellow one is non other than labradorite
do I get mad props?

10:01 AM  
Blogger John said...

Well I say...Rock D I'd expect better from you! No the black one is not Tourmaline and the moldy one isn't labradorite. So soup for you!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a shot John,
Your minerals are...charcoal left in the grill from last summer and a frozen moldy marshmallow also found near/on the grill!! How's that.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zup bro... Can I get your address so I can send up your Washbi Peas or whatever the hell the "Little Balls of Burning Doom" are called...

Sorry to hear about your debit card and lack of coffee... I've been running out of tea but mom came to the rescue and then I picked up some more from the store... but I feel your pain... work seems to drag on without the kick...

as for the rocks... no idea... I'm not rocktor... I'm with craig... But it looks like obsidian.. but it doesn't have the right fractor marks or cooling style... maybe I think that cuz itz dark.. and I don't know many rocks that are blackish...

Keep truckin' buddy... and no more fuckin with your cleats!!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

Well I know all of you just can't wait for me to drop this...so I will. The dark mineral is hornblende, basically the garbage heep of the amphibole family, hense the variability, easily id'd by the 60 and 120 degree cleavage and it's elongate structure, and cause it's black. The other one is Nephaline, which is a crazy mineral that occurs in a alkali rich environment, id'd by it's waxy nature. Blam you learned something today. Grill aside.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home