Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Expect the Unexpected

So this week I thought that I wasn't going to be able to ride at all--homework in all. I had just a bitch-ton of work to do for school and it was pretty wiped out from last week, but I started out small and built it up at the end finishing out with just over 17 hours. Not bad really considering it is my largest week to date, and good timing too. Sunday night-Monday morning it decided to rain/sleet/snow/shit about 6 inches of the white stuff. Looks like this week, though expectedly, is a recovery week.

You know I have to say though this past weekend was pretty awesome. For one Saturdays ride was bordering epic- a lot of new roads, huge climbs, racing the sun back home. I had just an awesome time as the Sova's and I pushed each other's buttons up the climbs, Chad almost had an accident involving straightening his handlebars, and some townline, stop ahead, and bike sign sprints by the end. I think the quote of the day though was of Chase singing to himself something like along the lines of, "I've been in the bonk for an hour and all I want is a shower"...sounds like a country song!! After Saturday, Sunday's ride was quite slow and trying, but we made it in good order.

On the coffee front I'm out (weep)! On the brighter side my best bud Hannah is putting together an order from Peace Coffee so we can share shipping. AHh I love her!! Anyways. Sorry for the gap between post between school, cycling, and rock and roll I'm not brimming with spare time.

Speaking of R'n'R Playlist: Social D, Modest Mouse, Less Than Jake, Dark Soldier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home