Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend Recap

Finals are finally over, thank god!! So this semester that seemed to go by so damn fast ended with some fireworks. Thursday night my dearest friends Melissa and Melisa both turned the big 21 and had a slamming party at their place--Jimmy Buffet/Caribean themed!! So I found it only fitting, since I'm not one to draw in the lines, to go a little above the expectation of dressing up...The one the only King Triton! At the party the beer and margaritas were flowing like water so I thought it might be best to pace myself with a pitcher instead of a cup...
One of the Birthday Girls is on bottom and Sara in the middle no pun intended. The night was fun filled with dancing...
Ah...whatever happens in Shenan's stays in Shenan's!! Friday came too early and I had to check out a butt-ton of residents, which was a pain cause I still had to finish writing a paper too. I managered to get it done and under my prof's door just in time for round two at the bars. No pics sorry but it was more a post-finals semester have fun.

Saturday I checked out my last residents and myself and made the long drive to Osh-vegas where I'll be staying with my bro for a week or so. When we got to his place I decided around 8:30 that, "you know what I think I might do the Alpine Valley race...shit it only happens once a year and I think I'm up for some pain." Off to the races we go I guess.

I warmed up with TJ who I haven't seen since....December? Crazy that man is putting in a lot of miles on and off the bike!! I'm not going to lie about how awesome I felt and how I had an ok start, but then really turned on the afterburners in the latter half of the race to come into 2nd in my age and 7th overall--cause I didn't do any of that except the last bit about placing. Shooting ya'll straight I felt like shit warming up, felt like shit at the start, up the hill and for the first half of the race. My legs weren't going to do the max efforts, for some odd reason maybe all the bumpin and grindin' (hey my core workout for the week)!! I was, however, able to easly get focused on the climbs kick it down...
I ended up catching up the "The Beast" and road with him for the last lap which was prety sweat to have someone with me in my quest for pain!! One of the cool things that I was witness to out there was when Doug lapped me. Though the comp guys were let out pretty late, you could tell he was on fire! Honesty it was pretty sweet to see him out there rippin it--makes me realize how much more I have to do to even come close! Weekend Warriors Need Not Apply!

So now it's Monday and all I want to do is sit around and really do nothing for the first time in a month. I might think about riding sometime mid-week, but other than that I think i'm rockin' the professional bum lifestyle. Peace out!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wausau is in two weeks, time to get some miles on!! You can rest next week before the race.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home