Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Wedding Season!!

So the past 96 hours have been pretty crazy to say the least. On Thursday my bro and I went down to Kenosha to get ready for my sisters wedding. We did the rehearsal thing, very informal dinner following. Woke up day of wedding and went on a pre-wedding run with Tasso, Greg, and my brother-in-law-to-be Joe. Although it was only 25 minutes my quads felt shocked...damn I'm weak when it comes to anything but circles. Afterwards the running crew plus other members of the male wedding contingent went out to Franks Diner. Franks is small, cramped, has awfully slow service, and is one of the best diners I've been to in my life. They have what is known as the Garbage Plate. The Garbage plate (ordered as half or whole...guess which one I got-think lots of food) has hash browns, ham, green peppers, and hot peppers, scrambled in 5 eggs and served with homemade toast. Joe aptly described this plate as, "an orgasm of the senses!" After the garbage experience, chill out with family, DQ, then wedding time. The service was short but elegant. The reception was really cool; there were a lot of hip non-traditional things going on. No dinner more of a schmogazport of food as buffet. No cake, but a chocolate fountain which you would dip fruit into. No obligatory cheezy DJ, but instead a live jazz band. It was the perfect wedding! I'm soo happy for my sister and Joe. I love them both soo much.

So after the nights escapades, tons of good byes at a post-game coffee get together. After Joe and I went to his uncle's house to pick up my 'new' car that has been in storage over the winter. Off to Spooner hopefully. Got on the other side of Milwaukee and stopped for Subway. Came out of gas station/subway and radiator fluid all over the parking lot from my car-shit ballz I'm thinking. I start the car up, engine hot, radiator leaking, turn off. At this point a series of bad circumstance came together to create one of the worse possible situations imaginable. I had left my cell phone in someones car and Dan left so early that morning that I didn't think to grab my wallet out of his camera bag, so basically I was screwed. I asked the dude behind the counter at the gas station if I could use his phone. Called Joe (the only number I had) and he said he'd be there in a jiffy. He arrived looked at the car, asked the guy behind the counter if he knew of a mechanic that would be open. He made a call and minutes later a dude (Adam) in a Jeep came rolling in. Looked at, new radiator for sure. Made a call, found one. Joe and I were off to pick it up. Came back Adam brought his tools and started to tear the old one out in the parking lot. Threw the new one in--bam! Adam, the coolest dude I know! On the road 3 hours later.

I only made it to EC Saturday night, but in the morning I flew up to Spooner for the 12 hours at the Park. In my hurry to get up there I had for gotten my shoes-fuck. Borrowed some from Matt, thanks a ton, that were a size too small so I didn't wear socks. Race started Lemonds style. Lap times were sub 30 mins so they were hot! The first two laps were really me trying to find my lugs, cause I hadn't done anything basically the whole week before. Eventually I got used to the pain as I found out the main difficulty of endurance races-eating. Eating between the first laps was really hard, but as the race went on my body's needs took over as I started eating doughnuts and fruit. To make things more competitive the three teams that were doing the race evened up. Chase, Grant, Derrilick and I made up team foreskin which ended up 3rd out of 3 and way back. Chad's team took second in a heated battle that was decided the final laps. Jez and Josh's team brought home the W with hard efforts being put forth. The course was perfect, the planning right on, the venue great, the schwag bountiful. Mad props go out to Chad, Chase, and all who were involved in throwing that together.

The Aussie... Chase really had to lower the lizard level....

Chad after 12 hours of riding...

My feet after 12 hours of riding without socks in shoes that are one size too small...

The teams, now that's comaraderie...

So back in EC today, letting the dust settle. Basically I need some RnR. Sorry for the length lots happening. Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy man, crazy

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home