Monday, June 05, 2006

Yes I'm All Lit Up Again

Ok so around hmmm the end of Alpine Valley I decided that I needed to work on my core so I can actually finish out a race without my back and upper body feeling like i was just in the gym...or jail house shower. Thinking I'd be alright for this week Ok so around hmmm the end of Alpine Valley I decided that I needed to work on my core so I can actually finish out a race without my back and upper body feeling like i was just in the gym...or jail house shower. Thinking I'd be alright for this weekend with some auxiliary exercises I headed this past weekend to the Big Ring Classic--Holy shit was i wrong. The race started out perfect I'm not going to lie. I knew that I needed to stay behind a couple people on the lead out b/c it's like a road race at that point. Chillin' out sitting 3rd wheel I was feeling great. I knew though that the single track entrance would just be a cluster-fuck so 600 m. out I nailed it past the leaders and slammed into the single track first. At this point I was in the thick of it feeling the whole comp. field breathing down my neck and trying to asses whether I feel good or not. About halfway through the first or second section of single track we started to catch up with the elite woman--no prob just pass aggressively...at least that's what I thought. I was beginning to pass a lady on her left when a dude behind me yells up to her to let us through. So what does she do...move over to the left effectively lapping my front wheel and sending me down. I got up fast and did a running leap onto the bike-chain dropped, tried to spin it on-nil', hop off to find my chain jammed between my crank arm and rings, shit-ton of dudes rally past my as i'm two-handedly jerking my chain out, hop on, hang on.

From there it was a demoralizing mental battle and survival of the fittest and smartest. The single track was crazy rocky, but the ski trails were a road race. I know that a lot of people got flats, but by the end I was almost squinting/no looking where I was going, cause I really didn't care cause I hurt so bad. I was miracle that I didn't flat or outright die out there. I road with Matt from Spooner and a dude, that I'm sorry I don't remember your name, who kept calling me Wolverine. In the end I was 5th in the age group, 24th overall and in desperate need of a massage and some more core work.

After the race Ann (my bros GF) drove me back to EC where I was greeted by a war zone of a room, and not too much food. On the up side though, Christina called last night and we're hanging out today...maybe I can get some massage action from her...we'll see. Peace out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I definetely have to do some core work. That race killed my lower back!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Sova Bros said...

Manthe told me we need to find a trainer or something to get some back excersizes.....do you know any?

How is Christina?!?

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home