Friday, June 16, 2006

Everybody's Workin' For The Weekend

Another week down in the books doin' the CA thing here in EC and I'm lovin' it- working, training, sleeping, reading, suit buying, bike building!

Working: Well basically I've been going around to all the rooms throughout the hall and write up work orders for everything...again. Needless to say it seems tedious and arbitrary since all the work orders should've already been done, but it a "double check" thing.

Training: Crazy-Craig and I went up to Chippewa Falls to pound some nails at the Spring Street road ride. I remember the last time (and only time) I did this ride...it was about two years ago, when I just had started to actually ride voraciously, and I got dropped like I was hot and eventually got lost and had to ask for directions. This time I was determined for that not to happen. Prefacing the outcome, I have been training a butt-ton more since then and I knew I wasn't going to get dropped, but I was more worried that I wasn't going to win any of the sprints. I didn't get dropped and actually contested for 3 of the sprints who's where-abouts I didn't know so I just kind of guessed. I felt awesome though, I'd be doing threshold and above efforts and not even feel a thing except the need to push harder. So needless to say I think I'll be ready for this weekend at WORS 4.

Sleeping: Well I basically keep my own hours so it's 10 hours every night!! Some funky dreams though...foreboding...

Reading: I've been reading this book called The Map That Changed The World and it pretty damn interesting. It's a historical recount of William Smith (nice name....haha) and how, where, when, and why he drew the first geological map that included stratigraphy. Obviously this book is for a curious and scientific minded fellow, but it was a New York Time bestseller. I'm about 1/3 of the way through, and so far proves pretty good.

Suit Buying: Well I bought a suit yesterday, after about 3 shopping escapades, and it just happened to be the second suit I tried on. Pretty much it rocks and I look "balla' " as Chad would say. Next week is my Sister's wedding, which pretty much rocks my socks!! I can't wait to see all my relatives and finally see those two love birds tie it up (no Joe that isn't a Cubs reference)

Bike Building: So I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of my family (name not yet know).... She's a double lugged Cro-mo Bianchi Brava with Surly flip/flop on Open Sport rear and Surly track on O.S. in the front. Sugino crank with a 48x19 fixed ratio. Since this is my first fixed gear bike I figured I should probably roll both front and rear brakes, especially cause in EC we have a big fuckin' hill.

I have big plans for her and I!! Possibly riding to Stout and back...maybe the Euro-Trash Road Ride....hmmm that might be dangerous, but curiously arousing!?! I'm just super stoked to have a townie bike for grocery runs and pub crawls!!

Well I think I should start on my 10 hour journey through my unconsciousness. Dreams are like a box of chocolates-ya' never know what'cha gonna get! I just made that up...anywho. See ya'll at Kewaunee!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that shor is a purty bike ya got thar...sure, ride it on the ETDRR that would be awesome pushing a 48x19 up some of those gravel climbs, bring extra knees!!!!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home